Last Updated July 20, 2022
This terms of services for Sellers Industries ("Company ," "we," "us," or "our" ) and Sellers Industries Products (including, but not limited to "SlothTools"), describes the terms you must follow while using our services.
From everyone at Sellers Industries, thank you for using our products! We build them to help you do your best work. Because we don't know every one of our customers personally, we have to put in place some Terms of Service to help keep the ship afloat.
When we say "Services", we mean any product created and maintained by Sellers Industries. That includes SlothTools, whether delivered within a web browser, desktop application, mobile application, or another format. When we say "You" or "Your", we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with one or more of our Services. We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will refresh the date at the top of this page and take any other appropriate steps to notify account holders. When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in the United States or where you live, you may not use Sellers Industries products to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don't tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep away and stop. Just stop.
Hate speech: You cannot use our products to advocate for the extermination, domination, or oppression of people.
Harassment: Intimidating or targeting people or groups through repeated communication, including using racial slurs or dehumanizing language, is not welcome at Sellers Industries.
Doxing: If you are using Sellers Industries products to share other peoples' private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don't want anything to do with you.
Malware or spyware: Code for good, not evil. If you are using our products to make or distribute anything that qualifies as malware or spyware — including remote user surveillance — begone.
Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
Spamming: No one wants unsolicited commercial emails. We don't tolerate folks (including their bots) using Sellers Industries products for spamming purposes. If your emails don't pass muster with CAN-SPAM or any other anti-spam law, it's not allowed.
Cybersquatting: We don't like username extortionists. If you purchase a Sellers Industries product account in someone else's name and then try to sell that account to them, you are cybersquatting. Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancellation.
1) You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
2) You may not use the Services for any purpose outlined in our Use Restrictions section.
3) You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
4) You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
1) Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for most of our Services — here's the one exception — but do take uptime of our applications seriously.
2) We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we'll reach out to th account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
3) We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services.
4) SlothTools is designed for use only in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, UK, or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that you are not permitted to use SlothTools.
1) All content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law.
2) We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All materials uploaded remain yours.
3) We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
5) You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
6) You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely error-free Services.
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that's on you, not us. We do our darnedest to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general giving a damn. If you choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
We may update this policy as needed to comply with relevant regulations and reflect any new practices. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will refresh the date at the top of this page and take any other appropriate steps to notify users.
Have any questions, comments, or concerns about this terms of service? Please get in touch by emailing us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to try to answer them!
Adapted from the Basecamp open-source policies / CC BY 4.0